Despite the “crypto-winter,” the total fundraising volume by 2021 and 2022 showed a positive growth trend. The amount of money raised in the first half of 2022 almost equals that of all of 2021. This indicates that many industry players remain optimistic in anticipation of the next bull run and continue to support promising projects.
- More attractive destinations for investors in 2022 were Wed3 and infrastructure projects, with a total of ~$21B invested. This trend is likely to continue in 2023.
- Despite the popularity of the aforementioned areas, the NFTs sector has the highest average ROI for public rounds (+49%). While the worst performance was shown by DeFi, with an ROI value of -67%.
- Total of 1,965 funding rounds were conducted for 2022, valued at $41.89B, of which:
- – 1110 – Pre-seed, Seed, Strategic – rounds;
- – 404 – Series A, B, C;
- – 451 – others.
- If talk about VC, Animoca Brands and Coinbase Ventures are the two most active investors, but their “investment tastes” differ significantly. While Animoca invests mainly in Web3 and NFTs, Coinbase spreads its portfolio fairly evenly across various segments.
- Statistically, most retail investors allocate 25 to 50% of their portfolios to cryptocurrency investments. This is the largest group of investors who believe that projects that raise large amounts of capital from established funds will be in demand in the future.
- In the new infographic you can see the fundraising volumes for 2021 and 2022.